Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Javascript tooling

So I've been working with Javascript for a week or two now. I still loathe it. However I would not probably touch it at all were it not for


  • JQuery - Feels like a .net framework for javascript
  • JQueryUi - Ah a (ightweight custom control library
  • JQuerify - Inject jQuery onto pages that don't have it for making bookmarklets.
I've used Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate primarily for the script writing because of the code/syntax coloring and  built in (poor but still built in) {} () [] matching capabilities. Those aren't specific to Ultimate, or 2010 for all I know. 

For debugging scripts I've used
  • FireBug
  • Google Chrome's built-in developer tool bar (alot)
  • JsBin - online javascript collaborative debugger (seemed slightly buggy, but still worth it)
  • Javascript Lint - nice online static analyzer for syntax and other problems.
On top of those as base scripts to help with life
  • qTip - Nice jQuery plugin  tool tip script for web pages
  • Google's lovely api hosting content delivery network for jQuery, and jQueryUi.
    • Sidenote: apparently resizable, and who knows what else required I also reference "http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jqueryui/1/themes/base/jquery-ui.css"

No comments:

Post a Comment