Mostly it was incredibly simple, however given Microsoft's penchant for surprises, I managed to 2 surprises.
I'm using Ajax to pull back a fresh copy of the session variables and display them in an
- on the sidebar.
- Generating an Ajax partial postback clientside
- Some web pages will advocate
- This breaks if you have eventValidation on
- Turn off event Validation at the risk of security is my guess?
- This was the approach I got to function without an exception
- Response.Write is not allowed in an Ajax partial update
- <%= %> seems to have partially worked, but I think it's stripping my html tags