Wednesday, October 28, 2009

My discussion of .net versions and VS2008

This is an email I sent to my team at work

At present are only fairly certain we can install .net 3.0 on a user’s machine here at the bank. So when starting new projects, I recommend we select .net 2.0 unless you feel certain the target users will be able to install .net 3.5, and possibly .net 3.5 sp1 since that’s what comes with our VS2008. 

Here’s what that grants us access to over .net 2.0:

.NET Framework 3.0 consists of four major new components:
Not much that I know how to take advantage of at present, the only thing I see that might be useful for us to learn is Windows Workflow Foundation.

.Net Framework 3.5 on the other hand brings tons and tons of new features and classes:

Changes since version 3.0


This is not to say that VS2008 did not bring us new features, functionality and enhancements:

No comments:

Post a Comment